Job Title: Groomer
Position Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: 13-475 Airport Road, Sault Ste. Marie Airport
Posting Expires: When suitable candidates are selected.
JD Aero is excited to announce the expansion of our facilities and our customer base.
Our growth requires additional support to satisfy the demand of our projects. We are seeking dedicated individuals who will assist us with our heavy maintenance lines. We primarily service the Dash 8 Q400, Dash 8 100/300 and CRJ100/200/700/900 aircraft.
We expect applicants to be ready to work in a fast-paced work environment. Our role requires individuals to have excellent communication skills with a team player attitude! Team members agree to work rotating shifts to satisfy demand, including afternoons and weekends.
As a Groomer, reporting to the Project Lead, you will carry out cleaning tasks in support of aircraft maintenance programs.
Aircraft Maintenance is a challenging and exciting career – fast, intense, dead-line driven and very high tech.
Responsibilities and Competencies:
- Carry out cleaning tasks of aircraft interiors
- Remove and install Interior components
- Request parts and materials using the manufacturer’s manuals
- Ensure all documentation of work performed is clear, accurate, up to date and signed for on a daily basis
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Participate in company SMS and report all hazards or incidents in accordance with company reporting procedures
- Ensure a clean work area exercise FOD vigilance
- Post-secondary education.
- Good understanding of the English Language with the ability to read, understand and follow instructions contained within Aircraft Manuals and Publications as it relates to Aircraft Maintenance.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Must have excellent mechanical aptitude and mechanical experience.
- Must have a clean criminal background.
Why JD Aero Technical:
JD Aero Technical was established in 2007 and we are in our twelfth year of operation as the chosen heavy maintenance provider for several of North America’s Q400 operators. We are looking to add to our group of over 120 employees who have all worked hard to build our diversified and experienced workforce. We offer competitive wages with good opportunities for overtime while maintaining a healthy work life balance.
Typical benefits include:
- Competitive Salary
- Life Insurance
- Extended Health & Dental Care
- Paid vacation (2 weeks or 4%; after 5 years, 3 weeks or 6%)
- The opportunity to bank overtime
Working hours are mainly 7:00am to 5:30pm and 3:00pm to 1:30am when required, extra hours may be required to complete project deadlines.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this job opportunity and possess the required qualifications, please send a copy of your cover letter and resume with references via email to: email@example.com
We appreciate all interested applications; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please quote the job title you are applying for in the email subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org