Job Title: Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) Project Lead
Position Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: 13-475 Airport Road, Sault Ste. Marie Airport
Posting Expires: When suitable candidates are selected.
JD Aero is excited to announce the expansion of our facilities and our customer base.
Our growth requires additional support to satisfy the demand of our projects. We are seeking dedicated individuals who will take on this position with enthusiasm and assist us with our heavy maintenance lines. We primarily service the Dash 8 Q400, Dash 8 100/300 and CRJ100/200/700/900 aircraft.
We expect applicants to be ready to work in a fast-paced work environment. Our role requires individuals to have excellent communication skills with a team player attitude!
The Aircraft Maintenance Engineer – Project Lead reports to the Project Manager. Responsible for overseeing the heavy maintenance programs and coordinating (planning, organizing and executing) manpower to ensure quality and timely delivery of customer’s aircraft.
· Plan and distribute work packages to maintenance personnel
· Ensure all sub-task write-ups and parts ordered are completed properly and accurately
· Track and communicate project progress to customers and management
· Adjust workflow to meet changes in program dynamics
· Ensure all company procedures are followed through in all aspects of daily operations
· Request parts and materials using the manufacturer’s manuals
· Mentor junior project leads; when required.
· Participate in company SMS and report all hazards or incidents in accordance with company reporting procedures
· Ensure a clean work area exercise FOD vigilance
- Post Secondary Education Diploma or Degree.
Skills & Qualifications:
· A minimum 5 years’ in a leadership role in the aircraft maintenance industry, with a minimum 1 year Dash-8 Q400 or CRJ Series Aircraft experience.
· In-depth knowledge of aviation regulatory requirements and ability to interpret and apply Transport Canada guidelines.
Why JD Aero Technical:
JD Aero Technical was established in 2007 and we are in our twelfth year of operation as the chosen heavy maintenance provider for several of North America’s Q400 operators. We are looking to add to our group of over 100 employees who have all worked hard to build our diversified and experienced workforce. We offer competitive wages with good opportunities for overtime while maintaining a healthy work life balance.
Typical benefits include:
- Life Insurance
- Extended Health & Dental Care
- Health & Wellness Benefits
- Paid vacation
- The opportunity to bank overtime
- Employee/family assistance program
Working hours are mainly 7:00am to 5:30pm and 3:00pm to 1:30am when required, extra hours may be required to complete project deadlines.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this job opportunity and possess the required qualifications, please send a copy of your cover letter and resume with references via email to: email@example.com
We appreciate all interested applications; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please quote the job title you are applying for in the email subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org