Job Title: Finance Assistant
Position Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: 13-475 Airport Road, Sault Ste. Marie Airport
Posting Expires: When suitable candidates are selected.
JD Aero is excited to announce the expansion of our facilities and our customer base.
Our growth requires additional support to satisfy the demand of our projects. We are seeking dedicated individuals who will take on this position with enthusiasm and assist us with our heavy maintenance lines. We primarily service the Dash 8 Q400, Dash 8 100/300 and CRJ100/200/700/900 aircraft.
We expect applicants to be ready to work in a fast-paced work environment. Our role requires individuals to have excellent communication skills with a team player attitude!
Report to the Corporate Finance Associate and works closely with the executive team as well as the Production Manager, the Stores and Purchasing Manager, and the Technical Records Departments to complete all duties, as required. This position fulfills tasks related to payroll, accounts payable, purchasing (purchase orders), and government mandated reports to maintain efficiency for all related business responsibilities.
- Responsible for processing payroll for all employees and contractors on a bi-weekly basis using the accounting software
- Monitor and verify all employee hours bi-weekly, enter data into the accounting software as part of the preparation stage of payroll process for entire staff
- Accountable for disseminating to all company employees’ and contractors’ paystubs in a timely manner
- Track and maintain all employee vacation requests, ensuring employee payroll reflects accurately with the amount of days taken, amount of days remaining, and amount of days paid out for current cheque
- Prepare payroll summary reports for Managing Directors for final review and approval
- Prepare and present bi-weekly Payroll Liabilities Reports to Managing Director, Operations and Finance
- Prepare and submit monthly WSIB payment in compliance with the Ontario Government Workplace Safety and Insurance Act
- Process all external vendor invoices using accounting software to compare and verify against company purchase orders and prepare invoices for their proper accounts
- Reconcile external vendor statements and records to ensure balance between the aforementioned resources
- Prepare and present Accounts Payable report to Managing Director, Operations and Finance for final review and approval
- Prepare payments via banking or cheque for all external vendors in a timely manner
- Responsible for all company incoming and outgoing mail including accuracy with disbursement of correspondence
- Manage extensive budget for all company departments, including tracking expenses and monitoring set budget
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Accounting, Business Administration, or other related fields
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in payroll and accounts payable in a computerized environment
- An aptitude for accounting concepts and knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE)
- Familiarity with accounting software, ex.: QuickBooks, Sage, Simply, etc.
- Ability to handle large volumes of data with close attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills required to support business partners
- Strong analytical skills, ability to prioritize, and work independently
- Computer proficiency, including intermediate knowledge of spreadsheet applications is an asset
Why JD Aero Technical:
JD Aero Technical was established in 2007 and we are in our twelfth year of operation as the chosen heavy maintenance provider for several of North America’s Q400 operators. We are looking to add to our group of over 100 employees who have all worked hard to build our diversified and experienced workforce. We offer competitive wages with good opportunities for overtime while maintaining a healthy work life balance.
Typical benefits include:
- Life Insurance
- Extended Health & Dental Care
- Health & Wellness Benefits
- Paid vacation (2 weeks or 4% of wages; after 5 years, 3 weeks or 6% of wages)
- The opportunity to bank overtime
- Employee/family assistance program
Working hours are mainly between 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday, with 8-hour shifts. Extra hours may be required to complete project deadlines.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this job opportunity and possess the required qualifications, please send a copy of your cover letter and resume with references via email to: email@example.com
We appreciate all interested applications; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please quote the job title you are applying for in the email subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org