Job Title: Operations Support
Position Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: 13-475 Airport Road, Sault Ste. Marie Airport
Posting Expires: when suitable candidates are selected.
JD Aero is excited to announce the expansion of our facilities and our customer base.
Our growth requires additional support to satisfy the demand of our projects. We are seeking dedicated individuals who will take on this position with enthusiasm and assist us with our heavy maintenance lines. We primarily service the Dash 8 Q400, Dash 8 100/300 and CRJ100/200/700/900 aircraft.
We expect applicants to be ready to work in a fast-paced work environment. Our role requires individuals to have excellent communication skills with a team player attitude!
Accountable to the Corporate Finance and HR Business Leads – the Operations Support is a shared resource for the Executive Office, Finance and HR, and proactively contributes to the ongoing development and roll out of the mandate of the Executive Office. This position requires a high attention to detail, and aptitude to work on varying tasks in a fast-paced working environment. Experience working with executive management and handling confidential information is imperative. As a first point-of-contact for clients, vendors and guests, the Operations Support must demonstrate a professional demeanour at all times.
- Maintain company’s website and develop a strong and positive social media presence/brand using various platforms including Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Foster employee engagement by developing company newsletter and other employee related communications.
- Support Social Committee activities and events on behalf of the Executive Office, including family day, open houses, luncheons, BBQs, annual holiday party.
- Coordinate logistics for conventions and conferences locally and internationally; including arrangements for travel, accommodation, customs clearance, shipping and return of conference items, booking of electricity, booth, etc.
- Compose and post company communications to employee internal portal.
- Arrange and maintain travel and accommodation information of all JD Aero contractors.
- Create, update, and maintain company forms and documents using internal software.
- Complete daily tasks as instructed by executive management
- Liaison for all on-site customers and vendors
- Ensure cheques and invoices are collected, mailed, documented and processed accordingly to company guidelines; accurately and on time
- Using QuickBooks, process and produce monthly vendor statements, flagging discrepancies to team members promptly
- Manage elements of company schedule including vacation requests, shift changes, and overall updates for Payroll processing
- Complete award applications, sponsorship requests, credit applications, CRA requests
- Support recruiting and hiring initiatives; attending career fairs, creating job ads, vetting applicants, setting up folders, attending and documenting interviews, reference checks, providing feedback to HR team post interviews.
- Collaborate with other departments to create promotional item for company conferences and job fairs.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Accounting, Business Administration, or other related fields
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum undergraduate degree in Communications, Business Administration, Finance or related discipline
- Minimum of three years working in a corporate environment directly supporting Executive Management
- Demonstrate the ability to remain confidential and display professional behaviours with clients, staff and peers.
- Extensive social media experience using current technologies
- Advance communication, prioritization, organizational skills required to support and represent Executive Management
- Must have working knowledge of CRM databases and software systems
- Ability to maintain high level of accuracy and efficiency
- Proven analytical skills, ability to multi-task and work independently
- Ability to adapt and be flexible with the daily fluxes in tasks, obstacles, schedule, and general occurrences
Why JD Aero Technical:
JD Aero Technical was established in 2007 and we are in our thirteenth year of operation as the chosen heavy maintenance provider for several of North America’s Q400 operators. We are looking to add to our group of over 100 employees who have all worked hard to build our diversified and experienced workforce. We offer competitive wages with good opportunities for overtime while maintaining a healthy work life balance.
Typical benefits include:
- Life Insurance
- Extended Health & Dental Care
- Health & Wellness Benefits
- Paid vacation
- The opportunity to bank overtime
Working hours are mainly between 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday, with 8-hour shifts. Extra hours may be required to complete project deadlines.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this job opportunity and possess the required qualifications, please send a copy of your cover letter and resume with references via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate all interested applications; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please quote the job title you are applying for in the email subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com