Job Title: Operations Support Clerk
Position Type: Full-Time – Maternity Leave Contract
Location: 13-475 Airport Road, Sault Ste. Marie Airport
Start Date: May 10, 2021
Posting Expires: When suitable candidates are selected.
Our continuous growth creates a demand for heavy maintenance lines. We service the Dash 8 Q400, Dash 8 100/300 aircrafts. Along with, the CRJ100/200/700/900 aircrafts.
We expect applicants to be ready to work in a fast-paced work environment. Our role requires individuals to have excellent communication skills with a team player attitude!
Accountable to the Managing Directors with additional support to the Finance and Human Resources Departments. This position requires a high attention to detail, and aptitude to work on varying tasks in a fast-paced working environment. Experience in working with executive management and handling confidential information is imperative. As a first point-of-contact for vendors, clients and guests, Operations Support Clerk must demonstrate a professional demeanor at all times.
This role is a temporary position to cover an 18-month maternity leave, with the possibility of extension or becoming a permanent position.
Responsibilities and Competencies:
- Maintain internal employee communication via employee portals and digital signage
- Maintain active inventories and prepare monthly inventory orders for company supplies
- Assist Finance Department with inputting bi-weekly payroll, electronic funds transfers and wire transfer template creation, and support Accounts Receivable with document preparation
- Assist with full recruitment cycle, including reference checks, offers of employment and coordination of onboarding and orientation.
- Edit job postings, and post to various external websites
- Maintain company swipe card and parking pass lists and inventories; distributing new passes to clients, contractors, employees and vendors
- Administer employee exit management procedures, including retrieval of company passes, removal from internal software systems and other tasks as necessary
- Assist with employee group benefits administration including inputting, modifying and cancellations of benefits
- Assist with training administration, including managing and monitoring employee training files, assigning training courses, scheduling training sessions and provide weekly reports to management
- Responsible for proper documentation of injuries in the workplace, reporting to appropriate governing bodies
- Create, update and manage company forms and documentation
- Support a variety of employee engagement events
- Deliver routine and transactional administrative tasks
- Other duties as required
- 1-2 years’ experience working in an office environment
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- A diploma in business administration, finance, accounting or office administration; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- University degree is an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience in payroll, compensation and benefits administration is an asset
- Experience and knowledge of purchasing processes; including purchase order creation and office supply ordering
- Strong time management skills, ability to organize, prioritize, and multitask
- Dedicated self-starter, ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Experience with reporting and handling WSIB claims, federal labour program is an asset
- Knowledge of Canada Labour Code and federal labour standards is an asset
Why JD Aero Technical:
JD Aero Technical was established in 2007 and we are in our fourteenth year of operation as the chosen heavy maintenance provider for several of North America’s Q400 operators. We are looking to add to our group of over 120 employees who have all worked hard to build our diversified and experienced workforce. We offer competitive wages with good opportunities for overtime while maintaining a healthy work life balance.
JD Aero is an equal opportunity employer comprised of a diverse and inclusive workforce and will give consideration to all qualified applicants, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, religion or disability.
Typical benefits include:
- Competitive Salary
- Life Insurance
- Extended Health & Dental Care
- Health & Wellness Benefits
- Paid vacation in accordance with Federal Government Requirements
Working hours are 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday. Extra hours may be required to complete project deadlines and support operating at critical times, e.g..
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this job opportunity and possess the required qualifications, please send a copy of your cover letter and resume with references via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate all interested applications; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please quote the job title you are applying for in the email subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com