Job Title: Aircraft Avionics Technician
Position Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: 13-475 Airport Road, Sault Ste. Marie Airport
Posting Expires: When suitable candidates are selected.
JD Aero is excited to announce the expansion of our facilities and our customer base.
Our growth requires additional support to satisfy the demand of our projects. We are seeking dedicated individuals who will take on the apprenticeship program in sheet metal, with enthusiasm and assist us with our heavy maintenance lines. We primarily service the Dash 8 Q400, Dash 8 100/300 and CRJ100/200/700/900 aircraft.
We expect applicants to be ready to work in a fast-paced work environment. Our role requires individuals to have excellent communication skills with a team player attitude! Team members agree to work rotating shifts to satisfy demand, including afternoons and weekends.
Aircraft Avionics Technician maintains aircraft airworthiness by fabricating, assembling, installing and repairing sheet metal structures and equipment.
We expect applicants to be ready to work in a fast-paced working environment. Our role requires individuals to have excellent communication skills with a team player attitude. Applicants are required to have sound judgement, strong problem solving skills and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Team members agree to work rotating shifts to satisfy demand, including afternoons and weekends. We require our applicants to have a proven record of success working on complex assignments requiring considerable initiative and technical/specialized knowledge. A strong attention to detail and the ability to follow direction is a must.
An Aircraft Avionics Technician enjoys working with tools, machines, and state-of-the-art equipment, possessing stamina and the ability to master new procedures quickly.
- Conduct electrical work on aircraft and aircraft components as directed by the Lead Aircraft Maintenance Technician
- Install, maintain, overhaul and test electrically powered equipment and systems.
- Basic knowledge of electronic industry standards, connectors, fittings, crimping and soldering.
- At ease with circuitry diagrams, precision testing equipment, and components and wiring.
- Accurately complete all paperwork for assigned tasks and generate reports for defects found during inspections
- Perform independent and critical task checks if trained and authorized to do so
- Troubleshoot faulty systems to determine a course of rectification in conjunction with the AMT
- Perform inspections, troubleshooting, and repairing of components such as clocks, radio equipment, flight control instruments, and collision avoidance system components.
- Maintain and store company-provided tools and equipment in safe and proper manner
- Must hold a valid Transport Canada approved AME “E” licence.
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and able to follow directions.
- Must be self-motivated and highly organized.
- Must have excellent mechanical aptitude and mechanical experience.
- Must be able to obtain an Airport Restricted Area Pass.
- Must have a clean criminal background.
Why JD Aero Technical:
JD Aero Technical was established in 2007 and we are in our eleventh year of operation as the chosen heavy maintenance provider for several of North Americas Q400 operators. We are looking to add to our group of over 100 employees who have all worked hard to build our diversified and experienced workforce. We offer competitive wages with good opportunities for overtime while maintaining a healthy work life balance.
Successful candidates will receive a competitive salary. Based on your commitment and dedication, there is the opportunity for training and room to grow to Senior and Shift Lead roles.
Typical benefits include:
- Life Insurance
- Extended Health & Dental Care
- Health & Wellness Benefits
- Paid vacation
- The opportunity to bank overtime
- Employee/family assistance program
- Uniforms provided
- Starting hourly wage for Apprentice Aircraft Technician, Avionics range from $16.00 to $18.00.
- Once Apprenticeship program is complete, Aircraft Maintenance Engineers hourly wage range from $32.00 to $35.00
Working hours are mainly 7:00am to 5:30pm and 3:00pm to 1:30am when required, extra hours may be required to complete project deadlines.
JD Aero Aircraft Technician Videos:
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this job opportunity and possess the required qualifications, please send a copy of your cover letter and resume with references via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate all interested applications; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please quote the job title you are applying for in the email subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com