Job Title: Technical Records Administrator
Position Type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: 13-475 Airport Road, Sault Ste. Marie Airport
Posting Expires: When suitable candidates are selected.
At JD Aero, we are building excellence in the aviation industry.
Our growth requires additional support to satisfy the demand of our projects. We are seeking dedicated individuals who will take on this position with enthusiasm and support us with our heavy maintenance lines. We primarily service the Dash 8 Q400, Dash 8 100/300 and CRJ100/200/700/900 aircraft.
We expect applicants to be ready to work in a fast-paced work environment. Our role requires individuals to have excellent communication skills with a team player attitude!
Reporting to the Department Lead, the Technical Records Administrator’s primary responsibilities are to execute the daily operations of the department, including but not limited to work package planning, processing time cards for payroll and invoicing, participate in company and department specific training programs as well as transition tasks using proprietary software.
- Using proprietary software; prepare, organize, and close out of client supplied maintenance work packages in conjunction with the planning department, for successful delivery of aircraft.
- Responsible for the archiving process for all technical records documentation.
- Receive and input all technical documentation on a daily basis and process the return of missing documentation and/or discrepancies.
- Set up handover and incoming info sheet for each program line.
- Follow and ensure completion of the Maintenance Process Control Checklist.
- Set up Handover Book, Part Removal Index, Panel Book, Circuit Breaker Logbook.
- Complete all deferred maintenance item (DMI) entries and report to the applicable customer’s maintenance control.
- Carry out part transactions of rotable parts
- Ensure Certificate of Conformance/Airworthiness Release (Form One) is provided with the associated task card for parts or serialized components removed, installed, fabricated, repaired or overhauled within the facility.
- Review all parts trackers for critical parts and drop-dead dates – communicate all findings of at-risk parts to purchasing, the production manager and project lead
- As required, compile and review daily status report and disseminate to stakeholders
- Participate in role specific and company training programs including cross training of all clients requirements and processes to support team members
- Occasionally act as back up for reception.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Communications, Technical Writing or related discipline
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5 years’ experience with Technical Records or similar capacity in the aviation industry.
- Practical knowledge of database software with experience with Winair, Trax and RAAS systems an asset.
- A minimum 3 years’ in a supervisory or leadership role an asset.
We are seeking unique, motivated individuals with the following skillset:
- Collaboration – demonstrated abilities and experience working in a team environment.
- Negotiation skills – able to positively engage in constructive dialogue with team members, other departments and management towards a positive outcome for the support and growth of the company.
- Self awareness – ability to self reflect, observe and drive positive behaviours within the team to inspire growth. Open to personal growth and continuous improvement.
- Self regulation – be aware of ‘blind spots’ in self and others to broach or intervene in difficult conversations, to enable team members to identify and enhance efficiencies and quality of deliverables in a positive and respectful manner.
- Change management – working knowledge of concepts to identify, analyze, contribute and collaborate with other change champions to support overall processes and behaviours that will positively affect overall employee experience.
Why JD Aero Technical:
JD Aero Technical was established in 2007 and we are in our thirteenth year of operation as the chosen heavy maintenance provider for several of North America’s Q400 operators. We are looking to add to our group of over 100 employees who have all worked hard to build our diversified and experienced workforce. We offer competitive wages with good opportunities for overtime while maintaining a healthy work life balance.
Typical benefits include:
- Life Insurance
- Extended Health & Dental Care
- Health & Wellness Benefits
- Paid vacation
- The opportunity to bank overtime
Working hours are mainly between 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, with 8 hour shifts. Extra hours may be required to complete project deadlines.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this job opportunity and possess the required qualifications, please send a copy of your cover letter and resume with references via email to: email@example.com
We appreciate all interested applications; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please quote the job title you are applying for in the email subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org