Job Title: Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) Avionics Technician (E)
Position Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: 13-475 Airport Road, Sault Ste. Marie Airport
Posting Expires: When a suitable candidate is selected.
Our continuous growth creates a demand for heavy maintenance lines. We service Dash 8 Q400, Dash 8 100/300, CRJ100/200/700/900 aircraft and have recently been granted approval for Boeing 737 (all series) and Embraer E170/175 aircraft.
You can expect to work in a fast-paced work environment and you must have excellent communication skills with a team player attitude.
As an Avionics Technician under the supervision of the Production Manager, you will plan and execute maintenance tasks and provide mentorship to apprentices.
Responsibilities and Competencies:
- Carry out various maintenance tasks in accordance with the manufacturer’s manuals and data
- Request parts and materials using the manufacturer’s manuals and data
- Complete maintenance releases for work performed and ensure clear and accurate documentation
- Mentor apprentices and trainees in best practices
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Participate in company SMS and reporting procedures on all hazards or incidents.
- Maintain clean work area and exercise FOD vigilance
- A Transport Canada AME ‘E’ license is preferred.
- If Non-Licensed, experience working in aviation industry in Avionics is required.
- Preference will be given to individuals holding an endorsement course for the aircraft listed.
- Good understanding of the English Language with the ability to read, understand and follow instructions contained within Aircraft Manuals and Publications as it relates to Aircraft Maintenance.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Must have excellent mechanical aptitude and mechanical experience.
- Must have a clean criminal background and provide a valid police criminal record check.
- Must be able to legally work in Canada.
Typical benefits include:
- Competitive Salary
- Life Insurance
- Extended Health & Dental Care
- Health & Wellness Benefits
- Paid vacation in accordance with federal government requirements
Working hours are mainly 7:00am to 5:30pm, with 10 hour shifts. Extra hours may be required to complete project deadlines and support operating at critical times.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this job opportunity and possess the required qualifications, please send a copy of your cover letter, resume and diploma with references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate all interested applications; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please quote the job title you are applying for in the email subject line.
Why JD Aero Technical:
JD Aero Technical was established in 2007 and we are in our sixteenth year of operation as the chosen heavy maintenance provider for several of North Americas Q400 operators. We are looking to add to our group of diversified and experienced employees.
We hope for your commitment and dedication, and in return, you can expect there is the opportunity for continuous learning, training, growth, all while maintaining a healthy work/life balance.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com