Job Title: Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) – M
Position Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: 13-475 Airport Road, Sault Ste. Marie Airport
Posting Expires: When suitable candidates are selected.
Our continuous growth creates a demand for heavy maintenance lines. We service Dash 8 Q400, Dash 8 100/300, CRJ100/200/700/900 aircraft and have recently been granted approval for Boeing 737 (all series) and Embraer E170/175 aircraft.
You can expect to work in a fast-paced work environment with rotating shifts including afternoons and weekends. You must have excellent communication skills with a team player attitude.
As an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer, under the supervision of the Production Manager, you will carry out maintenance tasks and provide mentorship to apprentices.
Aircraft Maintenance is a challenging and exciting career – fast, intense, dead-line driven and very high tech.
Responsibilities and Competencies:
- Carry out various maintenance tasks in accordance with the manufacturer’s manuals
- Request parts and materials using the manufacturer’s manuals
- Complete maintenance releases for work performed and ensure clear and accurate documentation
- Mentor apprentices and trainees in best practices
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Participate in company SMS and report all hazards or incidents in accordance with company reporting procedures
- Ensure a clean work area exercise FOD vigilance
- Transport Canada AME License in the M Category, with previous experience on Dash-8 Q400, Classic Dash 8, or CRJ100/200/700/900 aircraft, for Boeing 737 (all series) and Embraer E170/175 aircraft (preferred)
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision.
- Good Understanding of the English Language with the ability to read, understand and follow instructions contained within Aircraft Manuals and Publications as it relates to Aircraft Maintenance.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Must have excellent mechanical aptitude and mechanical experience.
- Must be able to obtain an Airport Restricted Area Pass.
- Must have a clean criminal background.
Why JD Aero Technical:
JD Aero Technical was established in 2007 and we are in our sixteenth year of operation as the chosen heavy maintenance provider for several of North Americas Q400 operators. We are looking to add to our group of over 120 employees who have all worked hard to build our diversified and experienced workforce. We offer competitive wages with good opportunities for overtime while maintaining a healthy work life balance.
Successful candidates will receive a competitive salary. Based on your commitment and dedication, there is the opportunity for training and room to grow to Senior and Shift Lead roles.
Typical benefits include:
- Competitive Salary
- Life Insurance
- Extended Health & Dental Care
- Health & Wellness Benefits
- Paid vacation (2 weeks or 4%; after 5 years, 3 weeks or 6%) in accordance with federal government requirements
- The opportunity to bank overtime up to 1 week additional time off
- Employee/family assistance program
- Uniforms provided
Working hours are mainly 7:00am to 5:30pm, overtime may be offered to complete project deadlines.
JD Aero Aircraft Technician Videos:
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this job opportunity and possess the required qualifications, please send a copy of your cover letter and resume with references via email to: email@example.com
We appreciate all interested applications; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please quote the job title you are applying for in the email subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org